Casegood Specifications & Warranty
- Wood Species: All hardwood shall be kiln dried lumber, premium grade selected, free of visual and structural defects. Species are specified per product.
- Veneer: Wood species as specified per product. Veneer is to be rotary cut or plain sliced.
- Top Construction: HPL Top, Contract Grade Flakeboard Core with minimum density of 45 lbs. Backer to balance top with overall thickness of ¾” or 1”. Shaped and finished ¾” or 1” specified hardwood strips on sides of tops. Shaped and finished ¾” or 1” specified hardwood strips on all four sides of desktops, square and rectangular table tops.
- End Panel Construction: Veneered Panel with Contract Grade Flakeboard Core, 45 lbs. minimum density. Veneer banded on front edge. PVC banded on the bottom and back edge to prevent moisture absorption.
- Drawer Front Construction: Veneered Panel with Contract Grade Flakeboard Core, 45 lbs. minimum density. Veneer banded on front edge. PVC banded on the bottom and back edge to prevent moisture absorption.
- Drawer Box Construction: Drawer boxes shall be of miter and doweled joint construction with a 1/8” hardboard bottom. Drawer parts shall be wrapped with a moisture resistant vinyl. Bottom in box will be glued and stapled to drawer box. Drawer glides are side mounted with a 75 lb. rating.
- Doors: Hardwood stile and rail construction with flat or raised veneer panels. Hinges are European, with varying degrees of swing dependent on the case.
- Kick Rail: Hardwood Maple Solid Shaped Kick Rail with or without cutout depending on preference.
- Back Panels: Back Panels are ¼” board. Backs are recessed into the end panels and securely fastened.
- Case Construction: 32mm dowel construction is utilized to provide the maximum durability and stability. All stretchers are secured with dowels. Shelves and bottoms are secured with cam locks, dowels and glue. All large cases will have Two Adjustable Base Levelers, one in each of the front corners of the case.
- Finish Standards: All cases are finished using the Akin Industries 14-step finish process. All finishing materials shall be of the highest grade of their respective kinds. Akin reserved the right to change or alter finishes without prior notice.
- Side Notes: Table aprons are hardwood or veneer. Legs are secured using Metal Corner Brackets and lag bolts.
- Pull out work surfaces on desks are matching high-pressure laminate
- WarrantyCasegoods- 5 years full; years 6 & 7 (50%)
From the date of delivery against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service. Akin defines normal usage per application for which the item was designed. Warranty does not apply to damage or defects caused by misuse, improper cleaning, incorrect handling, unsuitable environmental conditions (direct sunlight or HVAC exposure), or failure to maintain the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Warranty will not apply if the product has been subjected to any alteration, modification, repair or attachment unless carried out by an authorized Akin service agent. Custom product warranties may vary. This warranty does not include any freight damage. All damage claims need to be filed with the delivering company.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including wood dust which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.